Full time role based in London NW1
● Location: London NW1
● Company size: 13 employees
● Sector: Marketing Technology
● Salary: £25-£30k
What is Digital Animal?
Digital Animal is an advocacy marketing technology and consultancy company. We combine technology with a deep understanding of social interaction to redefine this area of marketing.
The sensational growth of Airbnb, Uber and Dropbox, all of whom use the influence of their customers to grow their business, suggests that every brand should place recommendations at the heart of their marketing strategy. Digital Animal’s technology is bringing this capability to big brands and disruptive startups in the UK and beyond.
Digital Animal’s Amigo technology builds personalised marketing campaigns that are built on friendship. Our small team of Analysts advises companies on how to use and optimise advocacy in their marketing strategy. We also help them to analyse the unique data that their campaigns generate.
Digital Animal works with a number of companies from retail, travel, insurance and financial services, including Deliveroo, Hertz, Odeon and AXA.
We are a startup with a dozen employees, with offices in Birmingham and London.
Find out more at www.digitalanimal.com.
What’s the role?
As an Content Writer / Marketing Analyst you will:
● Market - help market our product to new clients through beautiful content and amazing social media marketing.
● Educate - consult clients on the importance of advocacy marketing.
● Build - help new clients to implement Digital Animal's technology on their websites and create successful advocacy marketing campaigns.
● Analyse - use data to optimise campaign performance.
● Support - help support clients in dealing with customer queries.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an Content Writer / Marketing Analyst to join our team in London.
You write great content and have an eye for fantastic marketing campaigns. You also appreciate good layout, design and UX.
You will be involved in projects from concept to completion. You will work closely with other members of the Consulting Team and with our Development Team. You will communicate directly with our Clients to establish their requirements, throughout the design and implementation of their marketing campaigns, and in the reporting of our findings and insights.
We are interested in your characteristics and not just your skills and experience.
These are the key characteristics we apply to everything we do. You will possess these characteristics too:
● Thoughtfulness at start
● Communication, helpfulness & openness
● Quality & precision throughout
● Organisation & structure throughout
● Learning & sharing knowledge
For this specific role, we are looking for someone who:
● Is digitally savvy
● Is able to communicate clearly in writing and in speaking
● Evidence of content writing, either in first job or in University
● Has numerical skills
● Has an organised and systematic approach, complemented by creative flair
● Pays close attention to detail
● Believes in excellent customer service
● Wants to learn about digital advertising and data
● Has a passion for technology, social media, advertising and marketing
● Wants to be part of a fast-growing start-up with big ambitions
It would be great (but not essential) if you have experience with Web technologies used by our clients; and with design technology, including:
● Creative design, layout and UX
● Coding in HTML or HTML5 and CSS or CSS3.
● Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign
A day in the life
We start the day with standups where we briefly describe: what we did yesterday (and if anything unplanned arose); what we are planning to do today, and (most importantly) what, if anything, is blocking our progress.
We hold retrospective meetings every three weeks where we ask ourselves: “How could we do better?”. It’s an opportunity to consider ideas (big and small) that can have a big impact on how we deliver as a team. We try to foster a working environment that’s fun and friendly, and where all ideas are considered properly. We are not very hierarchical, and our people tend to have a broad range of skills, rather than being narrowly focused.
Your initial salary will be between £25k and £30k, depending on experience, plus performance-based stock options.
Employee benefits include:
● discounted gym memberships;
● a bike to work scheme;
● childcare vouchers;
● a rent deposit loan scheme;
● a season ticket loan scheme;
● a technology hardware purchase scheme;
● free coffee and fruit in the office; and
● a company pension scheme.
How to apply
Send an email with a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your letter, answer the following questions:
1. What’s wrong with our website?
2. Which brands market themselves well online and why?
If successful, you will be invited for an interview at our London office.
If we like the look of each other after interviews, we will invite you to come in and work with us for a couple of days (paid, of course) so that we can see how you fit in, and you can get a real feel for what your job would be like. If you are already in full-TIME or part-time employment/education, we’ll work with you to find the best way to manage this. We call this “date before you marry”.
Please phone 0207 724 9363 or email email@example.com for any further information.